Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 12:25 PM
kimba
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2014

Thank you for your articulate answer, you give me the chance to clarify a couple of points.

My experience at AMF was negative because of the people I had to work with!
I wasn't lie from the recruiter, I knew what I was about to do and to be honest the best part at AMF is the flying!
But for the rest of the people you have to work with... they are able to make you change your mind.
It's a fact that 98% of pilots leave, there's got to be a reason, specially when they leave AMF to go and be a SIC in a regional, look around and see how many do that!

As far as the pay goes, in two sentences you have nominated three regionals that pay more than AMF but you still believe that AMF pays better, It's confusing!
You are comparing SIC pay with a PIC pay, it's not the same and it cannot be compare.
If you work for a part 135 company and you fly as a PIC that's what you should be paid

It was posted by Vidra and it talks about King Air pilot pay in a part 135 company:

Average: $58,000
Low: $49,000
High: $72,000

Pro Pilot Magazine 2013 Salary Study

Ask your self: where am I?

Pay scale at AMF, if I well recall are ridiculous, an increase of 1 dollar per hour per year is not increase at all! It's just and adjustment to the increase of cost of living.
In a Regional you go from and average of 22$/hr to 30-37 the second year as a SIC.
So even as a SIC in a Regional you'll make more money than a PIC at AMF. Than when you become PIC on a type rated plane you'll still make less than a PIC in a Regional, so I don't really get where you take your info but I haven't seen a better pay at AMF than at Regional, and I'm talking for things that I've done myself and not from people who know people, etc...
You may underestimate the importance of what you just said: min line guarantee!
It means that in a Regional you work less for more money!
Once again, how can you say the opposite I don't know.

People skipping regional to go major?
First of all, the agreement with Allegiant is recent and it will take way more than the two years that the recruiter talks about when you go for a job fair or interview to get there. Read all the requirements.
if you really want to go there, log 1500hrs, join a regional and in 18 months you'll have the min to apply, not three years min at AMF.
By the way, Allegiant? Is this what you want to do? Go from one crapy company to a worst one? Good luck! take a look at the post about Allegiant, too.

As far as how good a pilot become at AMF, so far it looks like Allegiant is the only company that recognize that, once again good luck!

Fights on!!!