Thread: Nic ...
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 03:03 PM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by cactiboss View Post
You gotta brush up on your ual/cal history

The ual/cal merger closed october 1 2010. Cal hired and Ual furloughed after this with Cal hiring furloughed Ual pilots. Sound familiar?
And that is exactly what the arbitrators did. CAL merger committee whole proposal was based on post merger cal hiring and ual furloughs. The Arbitrators summarily rejected that and adopted the view that reaching "single management control" nullifies post merger career trajectory expectations.
My brush is just fine. Might I suggest taking off your rose colored-glasses ?

These points IMO don't necessarily guarantee the NIC, nor support its mandatory inclusion. As I noted in a previous post, the arbitrators statement in that SLI said "each case turns on its own facts". The fact is, there are components to THAT SLI that are inapplicable to this one and vise versa including, but not limited to the fact that SLI was conducted in accordance with ALPA merger policy and there was no previously unconsummated seniority list to consider which rendered one of the two merged carriers with two separated pilot groups pre-merger. I simply don't think piggybacking the UAL-CAL situation regarding this issue is likely to be applicable, but hey, I support your right to try and argue that too.