View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 06:26 AM
Herkflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Left seat of a little plane

Originally Posted by DALMD88FO View Post
I think that some NFL teams do get to hand pick their FA's, however it is NOT the players doing the picking. I would imagine the players wives, coaches and coaches wives would rather them not be Hooter's types as this is just a distraction.

Just looked it up on deltanet. There are open charters meaning anyone charter qualified can fly them, then there are dedicated sports team charters where the same flight attendants only fly for that team.
Correct. I flew a St. Louis Cardinals charter recently, and all the F/As were dedicated, hand-picked Cardinals gals. Notice how I didn't say "guys and gals?" They fly every Cardinals charter flight for the entire season.

They were not all Hooters-style hotties, but they all were attractive, hard-working, (in fact, incredibly hard-working) and knew all the players and staff by name, and had great rapport with them.

I think the hand-picked FAs are just for professional sports teams. It does not apply to college teams, mil charters, or any other charter we have (once I flew a charter for State Farm Insurance to Bermuda, for example--regular FAs).