Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 07:23 PM
AVIATOR3
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by Sa227capt View Post
Not so old but old enough to be around when the regionals were not hiring. Good luck with that quick upgrade at the regionals. May happen now but I doubt it will be as quick as you think.

AMF had its moments that were great if you wanted quick movement, etc. It's not for everyone. I enjoyed my tie there for the most part but always knew it wasn't a place to hang my hat. For some, it is for whatever reason. Freight flying isn't easy all the time. If thats what you are looking for, go to a regional.

Also, "paying your dues" is a fine phrase for any occupation. it seems the younger generation like yourself want everything now. Doesn't quite work that way in the real world and honestly, I do not think I am that much older than you but have paid my dues and have never complained about it.
If long term goal is a major airline , there is no point of going to ameriflight . It would be just another company to get to a regional to get to a major airline.

I don't want everything now, but I certainly wouldn't waste time at such company when I will need to end up at a regional to get to the majors anyways.

Lots of these guys spend a long time instructing , or doing other odd jobs to get the minimun required time to get to an airline, I would count this as paying your dues.

Now I wouldn't go as far as saying don't go to ameriflight or such companies, some people like this sort of flying, some people don't, and it all depends on what your long term goals are.