View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Yoda2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by KF5OVP View Post
I'll be straight up honest. I had a hard landing incident in a piper back early this year. Which made me second guess myself, and the new instruction I recieved in the C-152. The training I had in my private , now that I look back, was poor as far as landings went. It's like trying to learn the "right" way again.
First, Thx for your honesty. 2nd don't necessarily give up, if you really want this. Way too many folks have become victims of poor instruction. That is a whole nuther subject. One of the reasons you have had issues is that you were likely taught to fly a particular type of airplane, as opposed to learning to fly an airplane. Over the years I have found it fairly easy to learn and adapt to many new types. This is not due to possessing any special skills or being smarter than the average bear; It is due to, after some initial less than desirable instruction, finding an instructor that loved teaching primary students and that had over 10K hours of dual given. The very first thing he told me was "I am not going to teach you how to fly this airplane, I am going to teach you how to fly an airplane. I highly suggest you stop in your tracks and search out such an instructor. It will be well worth the effort. Best of luck, and keep us posted!