View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 06:44 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by MartinC08 View Post
I'm filling out airline apps and I ran into this question. Have you withdrawn or failed to successfully complete any part 135 or part 121 training course?

I work for MartineAir, a 135 company, and durning initial training I resigned on my own terms after indoc due to personal family issues and a unpredicted surplus of pilots. I returned a few months later, and in doing so I received better base and equipment options. Upon returning, I successfully passed all check rides and line checks.

Can I answer the above question with a "no" since I technically came back to finish training?
I would answer "yes" since you technically withdrew from training. The circumstances can be readily explained and the fact that you returned and finished a few months later should alleviate any concerns about your trainability. It would be good if you have documentation of the family issues (obituary, divorce decree, etc).

Will checking the "yes" box delay your getting called for an interview at a major? Probably, but that's better than getting fired during indoc because they found about about your employment discrepency...which should show up via PRIA.