View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 04:54 AM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by Grumpyaviator View Post

Originally Posted by GogglesPisano View Post
Do you really think that is a greater statistical threat than the items I listed? You should be more afraid of bathtubs and furniture.

How Scared of Terrorism Should You Be? - Reason.com

Americans Are as Likely to Be Killed by Their Own Furniture as by Terrorism - The Atlantic
I'm with Goggles on this...but possibly for a reason he won't agree with. I live in a concealed carry state. This subhuman who beheaded that woman would have been dropped after the first scream, and it likely wouldn't have been from an off duty cop as happened in OK. If I didn't have my weapon with me, any other object would have sufficed. Police can't be everywhere all the time so we have to look out for each other and fix problems on the spot when the police are not around. More and more people are understanding this.

As these public beheadings continue (and they will), our society will morph into one of being more comfortable with citizen "police action." We will probably even see "street justice" administered on occasion which is concerning, but inevitable. Our society will toughen up over this...and it should.

Carl