View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 05:06 AM
Elliot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: "Prof" button manipulator

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
I'm with Goggles on this...but possibly for a reason he won't agree with. I live in a concealed carry state. This subhuman who beheaded that woman would have been dropped after the first scream, and it likely wouldn't have been from an off duty cop as happened in OK. If I didn't have my weapon with me, any other object would have sufficed. Police can't be everywhere all the time so we have to look out for each other and fix problems on the spot when the police are not around. More and more people are understanding this.

As these public beheadings continue (and they will), our society will morph into one of being more comfortable with citizen "police action." We will probably even see "street justice" administered on occasion which is concerning, but inevitable. Our society will toughen up over this...and it should.
Carl
I agree a gazillion percent.

As the popularity of these wacko, wanna-be copycat's, who think they're following some misperceived radical, sand-flea religion bring a greater amount of threat to normalized society, there'll be a significantly increased need for bystander's, with personal protection devices (concealed weapons), to step in when the police aren't able to respond.

GJ

P.S. My wife also has her concealed carry permit for her Glock .40 and knows how to use it.