Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 06:25 AM
elmetal
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009

Originally Posted by rcfd13 View Post
Lots of states have arbitrary liquor laws. I was driving through Wisconsin a few months ago and stopped to get some New Glarus. When I got up to the register with a cart of beer they informed me that it was 9:02PM and by law they couldn't sell alcohol after 9pm. That one blew my mind since I assumed Wisconsin of all places would be pretty liberal about beer sales. There's a whole list of places that don't allow alcohol sales on Sundays or don't allow alcohol to be sold above a certain ABV, or don't allow alcohol to be sold after a certain time.

Honestly as someone who drinks and spends time in Utah every year I've never had too much of a problem getting around their drinking laws. They also have some great local beers. I was more offended in Wisconsin by them denying me my whole cart of beer at 9:02pm than I've ever been in Utah.

I think pilots complain just to complain sometimes.
Absolutely right.

There are counties in the midwest that I've run into near beer problems.

Oh you bought this at a gas station? It's near beer. Should've gone to the liquor store.

in california bars have a 3 drink an hour per person rule. most places don't enforce it too much but it's a 3500 dollar fine if they get caught serving more than that.

then again just south of Ogden UT, bars have a limit as well. 2 for your first hour, and 1 drink per hour after that.

Which of course gets reset if you walk into a new bar. great job state!