Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 10:01 AM
skybolt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by A320Flyer View Post
Yep. Last time QOL was voted 1st and pay 2nd. Hence, we lost 150% OT, no ESOP, no profit sharing, new-hire pay cut, no red-eye override, ridiculously written international override which excludes most destinations, lousy pay raise and embarrassing/offensive signing bonus. But, we did retain or keep our 4-days off in a row (but rarely see 5 now). Yay! Oh, we did get that screwed up red-green thing which got fixed 4 years later with the "expedited arbitration" crap.
My favorite example is the "expedited arbitration process" that we fought for and claimed to be a "win".

Having seen the confidential, Wilson Center, surveys from the middle 2000's, I will confidently state that NOT ONE PILOT here at that time mentioned his desire for a "expedited arbitration process". Yet we used some of our hard fought/hard won negotiating capital (strike ) to get this language that has resulted in an endless stream of arbitrations. If the leadership intends to give us what they believe is best for us, they should just say so instead of sending out surveys that they are not bound to follow.

What makes anyone think that this next negotiation cycle will be any different? This is why elections are so important. Your only time to realistically affect your future is in local elections.

Speaking of arbitrations. Anyone familiar with the history of the RLA understands that the reason for the RLA is to keep us from shutting down the national transportation system, as such the NMB and the entire process is designed to slow us down. Yet we choose to use this system to do our business. When the company realized that arbitration was our default method, they took the obvious step, made us arbitrate everything. Who wins under this strategy? Even when SPA ALPA wins an arbitration, the award is usually nothing more than a cease and desist with a few hours going into the ALPA FPL bank.. We really won that one, not!

I wish we won red/green. Three months ago, the neutral gave us a small win in ruling that the company must set the required reserve once per month and leave them alone. That is it! Unless I've missed it (and I could have) we have yet to see any clarification of the totally #$%^%$#@ language that is "red/green". The terms were not, are not, defined and Spirit is still able to use its "experience" to determine the required reserves. Remember, this language is in the electronic shift trade section, it isn't - wasn't - probably will not - be a staffing formula.