View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 02:58 PM
full of luv
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Narrow/Left Wide/Right

Originally Posted by darkman62 View Post
I was NOT a pilot but got my time & ratings outside the military will this be held against me? If my time is good and everything else being equal will this be a non starter at DL? I was pretty abused by the pilots so they could get there "heavy time" i.e. PT's at 4am after a 8 hr mission just to gain another few hours to pad there logbook. So do they have the "oh you never actually flew" in the military attitude? Just wondering
Thanks for any feedback
Darkman,
I'd be careful in how your attitude is displayed during the interview.

The way you state the above does display a slight chip. It wasn't the pilots fault you started in the mil as an FE.

You should be thankful of all your life experiences and discuss how you learned something on every flight and use that experience today in your chosen profession as a pilot.

You have shown the capability to consistently learn and improve your lot in life which is a remarkable and not entirely common trait. Many would have just been content to stay as an FE, but you didn't. Let it be due to your personal drive and professional development, not due to jealousy or envy.

Best of luck!