View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 08:41 AM
PotatoChip
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

Originally Posted by bgmann View Post
I never was able to make $44k at a regional flying the EMB-145. Guys could if they picked up tons of OT but they had to do it all 12 months of the year. I wanted a life outside of work. I mention this cus it helps put this job into perspective. 4on 3off $44k and home every night. Pay and home every night is huge! Wow. Lots of
pilots looking to start at regionals might want to take a look at this place. Get rid of the shiny jet syndrome and look at your lifestyle.

My first time hearing about Imagine Air.
I'm sorry, don't believe the $44k. I worked there, enjoyed it, but made no where near that kind of money.

$30k is the base salary. Expect that. You CANNOT "work whenever you want" on days off for extra cash. You can volunteer, and IF they need you then you might work extra.

There are ZERO benefits. No health insurance. No retirement. No dental.

They don't "pay for all your meals". They give you a company credit card and you can spent up to $25/day on food when you are working outside of your domicile. Often you will be scheduled for turns without time to buy food and will forfeit that $25. Also, $25/day for meals isn't anything to get excited about.

You will do all your training in Lawrenceville.... On your own dime. Expect to pay for 5 weeks of hotel out of pocket. And also have a car there to drive yourself to and from the office. Good luck with that.

It isn't all fantastic. I enjoyed working there, don't regret it, hope the best for the company. Management and "dispatch" are helpful and fair. I had called in fatigued and delayed flights, no questions. They show you respect. But it's still a place that pays minimum wage and gives you zero benefits to fly an advanced aircraft with passengers in IMC. Something to think about.