View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 08:23 AM
SUX4U
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: B756 FO

Originally Posted by bgmann View Post
I never was able to make $44k at a regional flying the EMB-145. Guys could if they picked up tons of OT but they had to do it all 12 months of the year. I wanted a life outside of work. I mention this cus it helps put this job into perspective. 4on 3off $44k and home every night. Pay and home every night is huge! Wow. Lots of
pilots looking to start at regionals might want to take a look at this place. Get rid of the shiny jet syndrome and look at your lifestyle.

My first time hearing about Imagine Air.
I agree lifestyle is a huge aspect when making career moves. My only concern is if this place only operates Cirrus aircraft, what are we thinking the next career move will be for guys that do time here vs regional's? A lot of guys at my airline within the 5000-7000 hours turbine time are struggling to get noticed at any of the Legacy carriers. I am trying to imagine how would someone that works here for 2-3 years look with 3000-4000 hours with mostly single engine piston time to the majors? I know United for example wants 1000 hours turbine time so if that is someone's career goal this place may not be the wisest choice.

I really don't like to condone regional airlines to anyone, but sometimes it might be the only realistic option of getting to the big boys for some individuals if that is what they have set their sights on. Just something to consider.