View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 02:47 PM
PRS Guitars
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by evamodel00 View Post

As far as all the flying talk goes, I kind of figured even if I could get past my physical, it's too late? I mean, I'm 24 (and would not join until i'm 26 [I will have my degree then, and hopefully will have a much much much better financial foundation to start something new]), doesn't the military have nice fresh 18-20 year-olds to fill flight crews.

every time I talk to a recruiter, it never goes very well either.
***!? 24 too old...that's the average age of a UPT student. I turned 30 during UPT, it wasn't an issue. And if you don't care about being a pilot I think the age for OTS is 35.

You're probably talking to the wrong recruiter. I can't emphasize this enough. You need to be working with an Officer Accessions recruiter. There is typically only one Per state, or they even cover multiple state (ie Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska). Do not waste your time with a standard recruiter, they do not give two craps that you want to be a pilot or officer. They just want to fill their quota.

Don't give up, you will be your biggest and at times only advocate in this process (different story once you're in) it's just the nature of dealing with recruiters, and med techs that could really care less about you.

Go to baseops.net and you will get all of your questions answered.