View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 07:11 PM
lear700pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014
Position: right, left, right.....

Originally Posted by flyguy81 View Post
Exactly. It's not if but when. I think I'm more panicked because the longer we wait the further down the list we go and I don't want to miss being on the front end of the wave. I've got mainline guys in their 50's in the crashpad who've been on RSV for decades and they're miserable. Definitely don't want to end up like that.
I agree. Every month that's another 85 or more ahead of us. Half a year can make a magnitude of difference for us in opportunity at a major. I've been on reserve for 6 years at my current employer, but had I been hired 6 months later I wouldn't have seen captain for at least another 4 years. 6 months earlier a line.

The good news for us is there is a huge retirement wave coming. It really hasn't begun yet. Unless congress allows to age 70 - heaven forbid! - we should be in good shape as far as seniority progression is concerned. We never know what is in store: ebola, 9/11, etc. but the next 13 years shouldn't be like the last 13 even if we aren't hired for another year. I believe in 2021 Delta is slated to lose approximately 800 based on mandatory 65 and the numbers here on apc. Some may quit before.

I'm hopeful it's soon for us both. I can tell you are like me - just wanting the opportunity. I'm hopeful much sooner than later.

Lear