Thread: I did it
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Cubdriver

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: ATP, CFI etc.

A CFI is far more likely to waste time on account of being anal-retentive about your safety as a pilot than by an alleged wish to con someone into an hour's worth of instruction. You cannot know which it is. My first flight instructor took 22 hours to solo me because she was worried I would forget to extend my downwind or pull the carb heat knob at the right time. People don't go into flight training to make money off students because everyone knows there isn't much. The FBO itself may be trying to pad the till, and I have experience of this when going for aircraft checkouts, but there again you don't know if it's that or a genuine regard for safey and to assume you do know is hogwash you don't. Drawing a connection to their pay, and a minor one at that, is not proof they are misusing the privilege.

Dude get over it. Flight training is expensive and you got what you paid for. It's time to move on to other things to be stuck on. Like whether Hotel Paris... excuse me, Paris Hilton is trying to avoid jail time.

Last edited by Cubdriver; 06-01-2007 at 09:31 AM.