View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Hilltopper89
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 737

Originally Posted by Hubble15 View Post
Dude, save yourself some time and don't. Most of the guys I know brought separate logs into the interview, mil & civ. No one at the interviews I went to said a thing about my logs. (I got hired, BTW) Only questions I got were "wow, what was it like to fly that airplane?" Only advantage to converting to LogTen would be if it allowed you to convert mil-speak to civ-speak ... but it doesn't. Each app uses slightly different methods to categorize the time (a-apps, p-cred, JB, etc). So you're going to have to prepare a decoder sheet to explain how you categorized your mil time into their app anyway. I do use LTP for all my civ time, and like the app. But jamming 2500+ mil sorties into LTP would have been a colossal waste of time.
For me it was not converting for the interview. I didn't. I took my flight records and an Excel printout of the totals along with my Civ logbook. It was after the fact that I started adding it all to Log 10 Pro. I want a record of all my flying when I'm old and grey. Some might not. I'd like to leave it for my kids and grandkids. Do 1 page a day and in a few months it's all in there, editable and printable.