BlueYonder
Pilot Sharp
BlueYonder
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2011
  • Position
    On Top
Quote: I just feel sorry for my friend, he should of got another opportunity.
yes he is HISPANIC, the sim partner a Minority, both with great rudder skills, did not get the chance to move on. Also he stated that the other crew also Minority did not make it. on his own word he stated that what i posted here before. ( I am just the messenger, please don't kill the messenger!)

They had to end their airline career very short, they gave 3 months out of their life, put 150% effort in to the training, bot of them in the mid 40's age range with family to feed. its just not fair. They could of got more training, its just my opinion.

He need to just move on, he still angry about it, same with the other crews, they are now trying to go back to their old flying job.
Airlines only purpose is to make money. Right now PSA HAS to fill pilot slots, or else they will not be able to staff aircraft which = lost contracts = lost $$$. A student that gets washed out of the program at the very end of his SIMs is a complete wast of time and money for PSA. This whole situation that you are describing sounds very fishy! However giving your "buddy" and you the benefit of the doubt he does have some options.

The training department at PSA does not tolerate discrimination based on age, sex, race, or religion. They really can't afford to be that picky. Your "buddy" if he really felt discriminate has options to appeal a Checkride failure to both PSA and the FAA. If "he" not "you" but "he" thinks "he" was unfairly tested.