View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 06:55 PM
trashhauler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: B-777

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
I e-mailed mine, Block 4, the guy who could not bring himself to sign the above letter from Council 7. Unity by example.

He also couldn't bring himself to answer my questions via e-mail, so I had to call him. He thinks there might be a way to freeze the A-plan and replace it with a better retirement vehicle, so he couldn't say "No" to any freeze of the A-plan.

Our Block Reps don't need to be R&I experts, but anybody representing us should at least know that you cannot freeze our A-plan and replace it's value in any combination of B-plan vehicles.

If the Company's proposal was to lower our pay rates by 50%, I think he would have to contemplate the repercussions before saying No. The Company must be enjoying this game, like a cat playing with a dying mouse.

So Tony, are you saying that your block rep should sign on to something that he apparently disagrees with for the sake of unity? Is that what you did as a block rep? If so, you weren't doing your job. You are the one promoting disunity for attacking your block rep for doing his job.