Thread: Pilot career
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 02:54 PM
sarcasticspasti
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2006

My two cents. Get your multi time as inexpensively and quickly as possible. Nobody ever asked me how much I paid for a rating or even how I got my first 100 hours of multi time. When ready to apply, ask yourself what your goal is?

$$$? Nobody can predict what they will make in any industry because no one can predict the future. Pick a career you enjoy and are good at and live within your means. A major? Then get on with where ever you can get that turbine PIC the fastest. That's more crystal ball ****e but do your best and be willing to move. Commuting for reserve isn't the best deal in town. Fast growing companies mean less time on reserve and faster upgrade. Which major to jump to? Who knows who'll be alive at that point in your career?

Quality of Life? Choose a regional that you would be happy retiring with. Maybe you'll jump to the majors and maybe you won't. There are no shortage of gray haired regional Captains who have enjoyed a great schedule and great pay (over $90k) while living in the same base for decades.