View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 06:32 PM
WelcomeToBen
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012

Originally Posted by ManFlex View Post
Sounds good to me. And we will achieve it, I have no doubt in my mind. A320 rates in line with DAL or UAL coupled with our work rules plus a defined contribution to our 401k. Keep our excellent health insurance options (which exceed what DAL offers their pilots btw). I think all of that is within reach.
Equally as important (or I would argue potentially more important) as maintaining our current work rules would be obtaining a better trip rig (at least 5.25 hours per calendar day). 4.5 hours per duty period is a joke and is what allows the company to build such horrendously inefficient trips. Inefficient trips lead to inefficient lines. A tighter trip rig would force the company to build more efficient lines. I am tired of these 72 hour 14 day off lines. With a better trip rig, lines would be either be higher credit, lower days off or lower credit higher days off. More days off with a higher starting credit makes it easier for everybody to make money. This is pretty self explanatory but the more days off you start with, the more available you are to pick up open time above guarantee without taking yourself down to a disgraceful amount of days off. Guys who prefer time off, get more time off. Guys who prefer to have less time off and make more money make even more than they are making now. Everybody wins including the guys who spend their life on the phone with crew scheduling. For all of you who like to take themselves down to 5 days off per month, just think how much more money you'll make if you start with 17 or 18 days off instead of 14.

This is our biggest contract deficiency outside of pay rates and retirement.

On a side note, does anybody have information regarding the health benefit packages that Delta offers their pilots? I have heard this claim several times but have yet to see anything definitive. Our B plan is fantastic, but the premiums they charge us are outrageous. Here's a little tip for all Spirit pilots. Take a look into the HRA plan that the company offers all the other employees. It's actually a really fantastic plan and the premiums are quite low.