View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 10:24 PM
taz1518
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Default Hogan Personality FAIL

Apologies for a new thread as I have never created one but wanted to reach out to others in hopes they will succeed passing the Hogan Personality Assessment.

After reading multiple posts and taking some advice from others, I took the Hogan this past weekend using complete honesty and tried not to overthink. Apparently I did, because I received the TBNT today. My wife sat over my shoulder and felt it was good to go!

I understand many have said not to try to be someone whom you are not, but essentially you are trying to fit into the HR mold that they want you to be. Have no idea what that mold looks like but its not what I answered or maybe not me!

Here are a few examples: Have you ever made up stories? I answered "True" because I make up stories for my kids all of the time. I may have over thought and is this what HR wants?.....Have you ever deliberately told a lie? I answered "True" as we all have but maybe that was not the best course of action. Do you enjoy being at sporting events or concerts? "True"...Do you enjoy being around the hustle and bustle of a city? I answered "False"...I am a country boy and hate cities but just answered "True" to being at concerts around mass amounts of people...see what I am getting at? As I look back, I can remember multiple examples of these same patterns.

Had a recent meet and greet with a chief and asst. chief pilot whom submitted a recommendation saying it was the best they had seen in a long time and also had 10 internal recommendations. Enlisted Airman of the Year, Nuclear Weapon's Instructor, 3 year Special Duty with Air Force One, 3000+ hrs in Fighters/MC-12 and 1300 in combat. Consider myself to be extremely humble, personable, and an extremely hard worker.

It stings a lot but this is a minor speed bump. For those of you out there I hope everyone gets hired and just want to find out if there are folks in the same boat...back to the drawing board!

Thanks to everyone for all the outstanding information over the years. This forum has been so helpful!