View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 04:25 AM
Timbo
Runs with scissors

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Going to hell in a bucket, but enjoying the ride .

I always thought that in addition to a personality test, it was an intelligence test.

i.e. are you smart enough to put the 'right' answer?

Or are you dumb enough to select True when you KNOW they want to hear FALSE.

I met a guy after our testing who was ranting about how stupid that test was, he said, "Can you believe some of those stupid questions??

'I get irritated when interrupted while doing an important task.'

I looked at him and said, "You didn't answer True to that one did you?"

He said, "Yes, of course! Who DOESN'T get irritated when interrupted while doing an important task??!"

I said, "You know that is the flight engineer's job description, right? You just told them you'll be pizzed off while doing your job."

He had a blank look on his face so I had to explain it to him. He was not in my new hire class.

I agree it's kind of a screwy test, there were many questions that were so borderline I had to go back to see how I had answered a similar question earlier, because I wanted to be consistent. I could have answered many of them either true of false, depending on how I felt at the moment.

But I thought that was part of the test; to see if you could figure that part out.

Oh, and BTW, on the reason for the test in the first place? I had a ground school instructor explain it to me once. He said, "That testing they do must weed out the real nut jobs! With some of the guys I've seen come through here, I don't know how you guys can sit up there for 5 hours at a time and NOT tear each other apart!"