View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 06:02 AM
WelcomeToBen
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012

Originally Posted by Qotsaautopilot View Post
I have it too and it didn't surprise me in that many good ways. We are behind in just about every category except 4 days off and transition conflict.

I will say this: if we are not thinking about scope and LTD then we need to reevaluate. If section 1 isn't iron clad the rest of the contract is garbage. Our code share language basically gives away the farm. Also, think about how very fragile your medical certificate is. Right now you could flush a multimillion dollar career down the drain with a small medical problem and our LTD pays you for only a couple years and then you have to go retrain yourself for a new career. What if that happens in your 40s or 50s? It should pay til 65 PERIOD! and if you make other income that doesn't require a medical certificate it shouldn't affect your LTD benefit.
Thanks Qotsaautopilot for pointing that out. LTD is another area of our contract where we lag far behind our peers. We have a few great work rules in our contract but those few work rules do no make up for the fact that we are lagging behind in many other areas. I think if we are going to make up for these deficiencies in the next contract, we first need to realize they exist. I think a lot of our guys have convinced themselves that because of our 4 days off and transition conflict that our contract is industry leading.