View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 10:12 AM
madeinUSA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by wmpilot95 View Post
Everyone,

Endeavor to Delta sounds like an amazing opportunity. I have read every single article on the subject and how the hiring process goes. I understand that the contract says pilots will have to fly a minimum of 2 years in the left seat with Endeavor before upgrading to Delta. After about 5 years at Endeavor, you should be upgraded to Delta. If this is all true, why are there so many pilots complaining about EtD? Delta is an awesome company and I know Endeavor has their problems (which regional doesn't?) but I really think Delta is about to help this regional out. I will start applying to regionals soon and as of right now EtD seems like the best option.

Any opinions, ext. would be appreciated!
From a 7 year FO on reserve at Endeavor who is commuting to NYC as of November..... Take the quickest upgrade possible. Nothing great will happen at the regionals other than many shutting their doors. I'm guessing that in the next few years Endeavor, Envoy, and possibly Express Jet will not exist. Endeavor is going to 81 air frames total. There are hundreds of captains that have no intention on moving on. There are probably another hundred or so that can't for one reason or another. This will leave maybe 50-100 revolving captain seats. Next year our management projects 50 upgrades. Most of whom downgraded already. So no really "new" upgrades. Management's answer to staffing the 900's with attrition rates reaching near 70 pilots a month is to get rid of 200's and then magically their staffing is "right on schedule". What management has NOT told us yet, is their plan to staff the 900's when there are no more 200's to give away. This is where your plan to go Endeavor is really like shaking the dice in Vegas. Many pilots at Endeavor are convinced that Delta will intervene somehow in a positive light for the pilots. Whether it be a staple, pay raise, etc... The other side of the coin is that they now start to contract out the 900's in addition to the 200's due to staffing problems. Since they have already shown that the latter is the only viable option for Delta, I would assume their thinking won't change when it comes down to getting rid of 900's.

Your other option is to avoid this mess, get hired on to a growing regional, possibly even one that is doing our flying for us, upgrade, become a LCA, apply to DAL, and most likely get hired. This will take a couple years to do. But by then most Major's pref hiring mins will be down to the point that you will look much more attractive than a perpetual FO at Endeavor.