View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 04:34 PM
XDriverX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011
Position: A320

That article seems to have some facts backwards, Im not sure about the writer since he brings up finances from 6-7 years ago. I believe the total loses from startup to now are 700 million, not 400 as he claims. Also, I know for fact that VX has not lost 9 million so far this year, actually VX is positive profit after the second quarter ending in June by almost +10 million.... and 3rd quarter numbers are profit in the 20ish mark (will be released in Nov press release). Last year VX was full year profitable by almost 20 million. I understand that VX has lagged for some time, but they have made money 5 of the last 7 quarters.
And the "huge debt load" from the new aircraft coming is actually cheaper than the current fleet they have since the IPO laws allow financing at almost half the current loan rate they get. Those are just facts, not opinions.
I don't believe we will see a huge IPO price tag, and only 25% of the company is going up for sale, so that's another positive for VX. There are ALOT of nay sayers about VX but in the end I believe you will see JB and VX getting together... maybe not in 3 years but 5-6 years. They will survive, and when Delta is done with Alaska it will create a lot of new room for any airline..... Remember when SWA was the dog, would never make it, and was shunned by negative profits??? Just sayin'......