View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 09:02 AM
gzsg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009

Originally Posted by ImTumbleweed View Post
I would do this:

I would say to the company...

Our union leadership has clearly stated and clearly defined the objectives of this round of contract negotiations. Two of those stated (and published) goals are No reduction in profit sharing and an Increase in W-2's.

I would show that the survey results clearly show this what the pilots want. They won't settle for less.

I would let the company know that under the MEC leadership the union has had "contract roadshows" and warned members to have reserve cash on hand in case a strike vote is required. Family members have been briefed and union members are prepared to do what is required for a "historic" contract.

I would remind the company of the sacrifices the pilots have made in order to contribute to the company's success.

I would remind the company the the union has embraced "constructive engagement", however, that is a two-way street and perhaps it might be time to change the union's methods of negotiation.

I would then, quietly, under my breath, say "Look, almost half the pilots wanted to vote ALPA off the property a while ago. If you don't throw us some bones then ALAP WILL be voted off property. And you probably won't like the new union as much as you like us."

Of course NONE of above is happening...

But I can dream right?

Say hello to C2015:

Split duty periods
Pay banding
Longer training freezes
Increased sick leave scrutiny
Reduction in profit sharing
More large RJs
Increased Reserve utilization
Increase in Line Holder utilization
and.....

wait for it....

4/3/3/3 percent pay increases.
Great post except for the more large RJs. APA and the American pilots closed the door on that right to Doug Parker's face. Our insiders are weak, but they will not go there.