Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Roadkill , 10-10-2014 06:21 PM
meh
Roadkill
meh
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2010
Quote: The 21 unfilled slots will most likely be awarded to new hires.
Yep, and I understand and totally agree with how they must first publish an opening for US to take, before assigning it to new hires. There is really no downside to them publishing 25 openings in LAX or SLC and no one takes them--at least it ENSURES no one flows in above me heh! And once they've reached the "bottom of the list" as they have with these openings, I"m sure it's easier to just publish 20 or 30 and fill them as new hires come available.

It does get our hopes up! We think, "Well I may not be moving up, but with guys moving in below me and the category increasing, it will effectively move me up."

Unfortunately, despite all these unfilled openings, and the expectation that they will be filled with new hires... that's actually not happening. In fact, in Nov my category has 4 less people in it than it's had for the last few years! I know that "someday they'll add new hires below me, and someone above me will retire", it just gets more difficult to wait for it to actually happen over the last 3 years with all the harbingers of growth and GoodTimes, and not see it!

Silver lining: I didn't move down!! That makes 2 AEs in a row, I'm gonna say we've hit bottom, upwards soon...