Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Flyhayes
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Admiral

Originally Posted by Aksleddriver View Post
Based on everything that's happened in the regional world the last few years I'd say silvers in a better posisition then most, think about it, very deep pockets for a parent company, even better the parent company isn't a mainline that can pull an envoy type move, they control there own destiny, not others, can silver survive ? Just look north at ravn and pen air.
Having followed Silver with some interest I honestly can't say I agree. While the parent company may have deep pockets , it doesn't mean the company is prepared to throw good money after bad (if the airline keeps struggling, business one-oh-one dictates it would be time to pull out). We all know that regional airlines operate on razor thin margins, so losing contract flying from United Express may have hurt the company much more than people realize.
Add to that the loss of the EAS flying and the current staffing issues....well it's easy as an outsider to assume things aren't going swimmingly for the company.

On the other hand, being a small company may work in Silver's favor as smaller companies traditionally are more nimble when it comes to reinventing themselves. I'm just not holding my breath.