View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 09:18 AM
block30
Bracing for Fallacies

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: In favor of good things, not in favor of bad things
Default Tricare dropped my family (and me)

OK, so yet another Tricare gripe thread from me. Sorry. This might help someone though (I hope).

I returned home from a five day trip to see I received in the mail that Tricare was giving me a certificate of creditable coverage so I could apply for new healthcare because they ended my coverage as of June 30th. Yep, a letter in mid October telling me I was dropped as of June 30. The first I was aware of any problem I may add.

So I immediately called Tricare customer service and was told I was dropped for non payment.

1. The problem turned out to be *their* fault

2. My first communication from them about the situation was the previously mentioned notice of being disenrolled.

3. Tricare does not give a flying f___ whose fault it is, and they will not even warn you. The billing doesn't happen right? You are SOL. PERIOD. They were VERY unapologetic about this.

4. One representative made mention of some problem in July with several accounts on automatic billing. Maybe you were one?

Moral of the story? Check your billing statements. YOU need to make sure THEY do THEIR billing correctly. I'm not making this up, this is what Tricare told me.

Sorry, no updates on the previous trouble I had with Tricare. I've sent in my grievance form, and so far nothing.