View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 08:48 AM
AlaskaBound
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: Just another RJ guy

Originally Posted by tom14cat14 View Post
In reality every time an 8 year FO makes a lateral move they are as much part of the problem for voting in a bad contract. Every time someone resets their seniority it is a win for management. That is probably why Mainline makes sure they beat at least 1 regional up so that way pilot chase their tail and move to the next one. We are showing them that if you make it bad at our current airline we will move to the one that looks better. (Normally means growing) Everyone says well I want to get off the sinking ship that is just as harmful if not more than voting in a bad contract.
I'm not convinced it's that simple. Management has a lot of ulterior motives but beating up pilots so they leave probably isn't one of them.

Some people like to be punched in the face and then say "I'm taking one of the team". But I'd say they're a part of the small minority.

Comparing those that get punched in the face and then say "screw you I'm outta here" with the guys that say "It's ok, I like getting beat. I'll take one for the team and stay for the principle" and putting a label on those that leave is kinda dumb. I think the FO's that are still at 9E are either those that can't get on with anyone else, haven't tried, think things will get better or are too lazy to improve their career progression. I don't think anyone is staying because they think "making a lateral move is like voting in a bad contract". It's pretty far fetched.