Thread: Endeavor to Delta

Nantonaku , 10-16-2014 09:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Nantonaku
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2013
Quote: I'm not convinced it's that simple. Management has a lot of ulterior motives but beating up pilots so they leave probably isn't one of them.

Some people like to be punched in the face and then say "I'm taking one of the team". But I'd say they're a part of the small minority.

Comparing those that get punched in the face and then say "screw you I'm outta here" with the guys that say "It's ok, I like getting beat. I'll take one for the team and stay for the principle" and putting a label on those that leave is kinda dumb. I think the FO's that are still at 9E are either those that can't get on with anyone else, haven't tried, think things will get better or are too lazy to improve their career progression. I don't think anyone is staying because they think "making a lateral move is like voting in a bad contract". It's pretty far fetched.
Don't fool yourself, every single FO here could get hired at Compass/PSA or any other regional currently hiring. Making a lateral move, and getting hired at Compass like you did, is not difficult. Second, a lateral move is not a slam dunk career improving move. No one knows how this is going to play out, what are you doing to do next month if American reneges and Delta decides they aren't going to do business with Compass? Move on to the next regional and start over at 1st year pay again at regional #3? If you had it all figured out you wouldn't have wasted 6 years of your life at regional #1.