View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 05:44 PM
DrivinTheDash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: B-757/767 FO

Originally Posted by jayd1038 View Post
What priority do I fly on US Airways?
SD2E; SD1V when you use a vacation pass (six one-ways available per year)

AA?
D2

How about my parents and registered guest?
Same as you

Do I get same priority as any other US Airways emplyee who actually working mainline and not regional, and is it FCFS or seniority?
Yes, FCFS based on check-in time

Can anyone explain a little better how the cost is for my parents or registered guests? Something about my parents pay a certain amount per leg, and registered guest something about 90% of fare price, then they pay 25% of that or something?
Parent fees can be seen on NRTP (NonRev Travel Planner) for AA flights or TravelUS (For US flights). You'll have access once you start the job, and it'll give you exact info for each flight. Generally, US domestic is $35+taxes, US international $100+taxes, AA domestic varies on flight distance but approx $10-$30 for coach. AA international $35 for coach to Europe/South America, a bit more for Asia. Upgrades extra on either airline. Registered guests are free, but you will have to pay income tax on the value of their flights. You can see the value for any flight on NRTP/TravelUS, but generally speaking, value of US flights is 10% of the lowest Y fare; value of AA flights is equal to the cost for a parent to fly coach.

Do my parents and guest get international privileges too?
Yes

Do I get buddy passes, and how many each quarter?
Yes, I believe it's 16 one-way passes per year. They're only valid on US until the computer systems are aligned, which is planned for late 2015.

When can I access the flight benefits? (I go to orientation Tuesday)
Yours should be available immediately upon employment. Your parents/registered guest/dependents will have access within a few days, when the company gets their info into the system.

For me on international travel, for who we have a codeshare with (so say BA), do I still fly free on them with taxes of course, or is it zed fare?
ZED fares, generally available after 6 months of service. Some, but not most, also allow your registered guest. Almost all allow your parents. Also available on airlines we don't codeshare with.