View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 01:11 AM
billyho
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by nuball5 View Post
Not necessarily. I know they're telling civilian guys at the United open-house that the range in Total Time that they're looking for is 4,000-8,000 hours. Obviously things might change a decade from now. But if you get hired at a place like Mesa with only 1,500 hours...even with the quick upgrade, you're still looking at least 4 years on property.
Those times will change. Just look at the retirements over the next 8 years at the new American. Soon they will be retiring almost 800 pilots a year through 2023.

Get on...... Move to the left seat and get out. I wouldn't go to AWAC to spend 6 years in the right seat when I could go to the others and spend maybe 2-3 years in the right seat and upgrade. Even JetBlue has started hiring pilots with no 121 PIC time because they know they'll have them for awhile. Alligiant is also about to follow that model of hiring regional FO's with no Pic time.

Now if I was from any of there bases I'd think twice. It's nice to live and be based where your from. Not too many people get that chance until they hit a major.