Thread: Can anyone
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 09:39 PM
Yoda2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Thx JNB, I was thinking in particular about E2C Masters recent experience in the Sim. Personally I like to think of myself as a pretty good guy, though if I had an experience as E2C stated I might have not been so patient... I can completely understand oversight, Etc.; it just seems odd that a situation like this is/was allowed to take place. The training distraction being my major issue. I am just at odds with how this particular type of situation could be permitted as it is clearly a distraction and, even though the student passed, it was also a detriment to his educational experience. I understand, due to your occupation, if you don't feel comfortable commenting further on this issue, however if this happened to this guy, it is likely happening to others. I wonder how many have failed due to this situation. I wonder how much better and valuable the training experience would have been if the student was not unnecessarily distracted, and had been able to use the time the inspector was asking questions to ask his own questions. If the FAA wants to evaluate a situation like this they should possibly have this instructor, for example train some of their own (FAA) folks. Does not seem right at all to subject a student/customer to this. There are other ways as well. BTW, B) Onsite Activity 2) and 3) go along way in answering my question, very much appreciated. It is now obvious this inspector acted in error. I'm sure the situation will be corrected and shouldn't happen again. We all make mistakes.

Last edited by Yoda2; 10-19-2014 at 10:11 PM. Reason: additional