View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 11:34 AM
wt932051
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: Airbus FO

Sad thing is it was the best program but when you did find problems, all they did was argue with you and not actually look into the problem with the program. For those of you in the US Mainland, you may not realize it, but the calendar day is based off Zulu's home town, not your "Local" place you started the day at. I found this out when I was in Hawaii as the new zulu day started around 2 pm at the time. I noticed that any flights I did in the morning were one day, and flights in the afternoon the next day. On the 7 day look back it only added in the afternoon flights. This is a MAJOR flaw rendering the total time look back useless. Per the FAR's, where you begin your day (time zone), is the time zone you use for looking back/forward to find out if you are legal. I informed them, along with a few others, but they not being real pilots, just argued it was correct, and it would be to complicated of a fix. Sad that they would not listen just like they are doing right now with these subscriptions. It will be their undoing. Because of this, I do not rely on the times for looking back, just total time only for my resume.

I tried Logbook Pro, and they are spot on with using local time, but it is just not a user friendly system.