View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 04:03 PM
CRM114
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012

Originally Posted by V1Rotate View Post
I'm finding that not having a four-year degree is holding me back in my career. I'm a First Officer at a regional airline. I have about three semesters of online aviation credits at UVU so I figure continuing to pursue and aviation degree is the best course of action for me. However, I want to leave UVU because they are very expensive and their course guidance has gone downhill. When you call the only people you can talk to are 18 year olds that help you use their poorly designed website.

I'm in the process of applying to Thomas Edison State College and I like that they give you the flexibility of starting new courses every month. However, they are still quite expensive. Can anyone recommend online aviation degree programs? I'm looking for affordability, good guidance on what courses to take, and of course I want to get this done as quickly as possible.

Thanks
If you're already flying at a regional airline - you already have your ratings so I'd recommend that you reconsider continuing an aviation degree. I know that you have aviation credit hours and don't want to waste that effort, but an aviation degree is going to exactly nothing for you. While you're in student mode, you might want to search for a CLEP/credit opportunity at a school that can offer a better education.

Here's a twist on DIY:
The DIY Degree: Using Self-Education to Earn a Bachelor?s Degree in 1 Year « Scott H Young