View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 08:23 AM
FXDX
Proponent of Hysteria

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: 3B
Default Vacation + Secondary Line at FedEx?

Yes I did a search but I still have a question.

What would you say about bidding for a custom line with vacation? I have vacation in the middle of the month, but really need the last 3 weeks off.

There are very few lines that I can use to accomplish this cleanly that I can hold and want to fly. (I am looking for pm out and backs or day turns) I can, however, hold maybe the first secondary line, certainly within the first 5. I can probably hold just about any trash line, but these are tough to work with the days off I need also.

Assuming I could hold the first custom line and figuring that the senior guys will also be taking vacation so there should be some good stuff to build the custom line with, could I cherry pick days and trips and still preserve my vacation and the last 3 weeks off?

My other choice is just bid reserve but I wouldn't get any of the benefit of the vacation leveling at the beginning of the month when I would be on reserve. I would definitely get the days off that I need though.

Any thoughts about vacation and a secondary line? Can you build your secondary line by trips and dates if you are senior enough to hold them? If you have enough vacation hours can you knock out a carryover trip into the next month? The way I read the contract it should be ok. Anybody done this?

Thanks for any comments or advice you guys can offer.