View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 08:17 AM
EricJ320
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Underemployed!

Originally Posted by FredFlyer View Post
Astec, the laptop/desktop version is only "free" if you log less than 40 hours. You won't be able to log more than 40 hours without subscribing. So, unless you've retired, the b****ing is valid.
That is absolutely not true. There's plenty to complain about the iOS subscription, but you can't just make up more to support your argument. You yourself posted the email from Coradine...

LogTen Pro X for Mac is free. Download it here right now and use it, no cost, no subscription, no restrictions – the best logbook on the market, on your desktop at no charge.
From all the misinformation in this thread, I thought the same thing about the Mac version. But when I couldn't find any way to subscribe in the Mac program, I dug a little deeper. The email confirmed what I finally figured out, there is no subscription for the Mac version. I currently have 50+ hours logged in it (in addition to the thousands of hours brought in from version 6), and imported my Nov schedule for much more. The subscription only applies to the iOS version, to include mobile logging and the sync function.