View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 04:07 PM
Xbone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2012

Originally Posted by Thunderpig View Post
Other than the captains that seem to have no problem with this as they only have a few more years to fly, I have only run into a few people who do this on a semi-regular basis. That being said, I recently heard a point about it for the first time. When mission modes aren't being picked up, the company is paying someone else to do the flying, outside the company, costing our pilots money and not really effecting the company. For those that are in the know, where does this fall into the reasoning of "STFD"? I am not on the email list for this stuff as I was told early on why we don't want people picking it up and I haven't even been approached by anyone in the union for anything, ergo no union emails either.

Is this policy working? Pilot group unity is obviously of great importance...are we making the case, particularly given the rapid expansion of new-hires?
Outsourcing our flying is costly and the company gives up a lot of operational control. Mishaps by a contractor, depending on how bad it is, will be a nightmare for G4 management. We’re not being paid to make their job easier. We definitely have our 5 to 10 percent who will disregard our efforts. Taking the money now in the form of MM is shortsighted. Let them contract. It will bite them eventually.

STFD is coming via a few avenues regardless of MM *****$.