Thread: Mesa

24/48 , 10-27-2014 08:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off
24/48
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2005
Quote: LOL ***? No offense to Mesa pilots, but Mesa is on a WAY lower scale than PSA. PSA pilots may have an ugly cap on their pay scale, which I am not defending, but Mesa's pay scale is WAY worse than PSA.

I shake my head everytime I hear people at Mesa accuse PSA pilots of being "scabs." If you took a job with a low pay scale for a quick upgrade, you have done the same exact thing. Go ahead and point the finger, because not only are you in the same boat as "those PSA scabs," but you're no better than the passengers who fly and pretend to fall and be injured on the jet bridge and sue for millions of dollars. It's only okay when you do it....
First off, one is only a scab if they cross a picket line or if one flies struck work. Secondly, if we're talking about scab like behavior, then those who live in glass houses (Skywest pilots) should not throw stones! When Skywest bought ASA back in '05 from DAL I remember CR7's being ferried up to SLC to hand over to Skywest because Skywest flew them for less. In fact, our MEC Chair at the time told Jerry that it was a smart business move and that the 50 seaters should be transferred to ASA because we flew them for a $1 or $2 less than the Skywest folks, yeah that didn't happen.

But hey, that's how Skywest pilots roll, they've always ridden the coat-tails of the unionized carriers. CMR & ACA had killer contracts before 9/11/01 and Jerry gave the Skywest pilots something comparable in pay and QOL. Skywest was the darling of DAL for a while after the CMR strike because Skywest wasn't a strike threat, and that my friend put everyone else at a disadvantage.

Fast forward to today.....I hear Skywest pilots are referring to themselves as "mainline". Mainline what? Because your non-union outfit sits on the sidelines watching management screw over the ASA/XJT pilots? When was the last time you "mainliners" flew your own code? The flying you do on behalf of UA, DL, and AA is not mainline flying.

So sit there and rail on Mesa and their contract, and improperly label them scabs. Just know that us true mainliners don't like non-union pilots who go around calling union members in good standing scabs.

Have a nice day!