Thread: Compass updates
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 02:29 PM
djrogs03
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by snippercr View Post
After our LAX base closed, it seemed for a few months that we would hear a rumor that "Skywest might be losing the LAX base and we will be getting it back!"

Then "I heard Republic is doing such a terrible job doing the 175 flying in ORD we might be getting that back!"

Then this. Can't blame them, at an airline where there has been 0 good news for many years people cling to any glimmer of hope. The people you should trust LEAST are the school house people mainly because they were the BIGGEST "Vote Yes" group and I sometimes can hear their knees shaking all the way up here. They also have this weird notion that they would hear truths before many other people.

Sorry to post this, just wanted to try excusing one of our own. Carry on.
No worries, I rode that train once at PinnaColAba, I held on for a long time and was tired of believing there was a light at the end of the tunnel, when I finally realized it was always a train coming the other direction. Ideally I think a lot of people in our pilot group wish we never got these airplanes, especially knowing how much Eagle/Envoy stood up and did the right thing for our industry... I really have very mixed emotions about flying an airplane with American Eagle on the side, even though we didn't take any concessions and had a lot of gains in our latest CBA.