Thread: SWA 345 Transcript?

moonship , 10-29-2014 12:28 PM
Line Holder
moonship
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2007
She seemed like a micro-manager who was trying to fly the plane for him the whole way in. I could see this type of stuff for "helping out" a newer pilot to the type, but he had been there 18 months. My guess, and yes i emphasize guess since we can't hear voice inflections, or know how previous segments had gone with this crew, his somewhat agreeable/apathetic responses may have been a compensatory mechanism to contrast her method of captaining. Seems like he was pretty with it during the approach briefing before sinking into the repeat followed by "yeah".

Her focus seemed to be with energy management. Captain's I've flown with on Le Bus with similar tendencies tend to fall into two categories; they've either been burned before by not intervening soon enough and are paranoid about it, or they are weak themselves and micro-manage because of their own short comings. In most cases verbalizing a little more, "hey I'm going to go V/S and dirty up about here" usually takes care of this.

Agree with previous posts about LGA too; yes there's water and urban areas right up to the boundaries, but the runways are more than adequate!