View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 08:16 PM
scambo1
The Brown Dot +1

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: 777B

Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
I should build an app that captures open time and builds a database with % of time various guys show up in open time. Then cross ref with trips that show up in open time, try to regress the bad trip causality out leaving behind distilled Avoidance.

Since we're joking about the subject, here's a real question--sometimes a trip will show up in the B open time, and when you click on it to see who's flying it, it has a blank A spot, but still actually shows an FO assigned against it. Now, that's normal if it's a Q "qualified" drop showing up in open time, but these are NOT Q trips, just normal ones with no Q showing.

I'm thinking that if a trip can be dropped due to sufficient reserve coverage, the FO's name should not be assigned against it when it hits open time--my name never shows up when I drop a trip and see it in open time. So what are these non-Q trips I see in OT with an FO still listed? Anyone else notice these, usually about 5% of trips?
Just a guess, but possibly a trip the guy had posted on the swap board and as a swap with the pot and he got the swap w the pot, but the system didn't remove him fast enough. I've seen trips I put on the swap board stay there for some amount of time after receiving a swap w pot.