View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

The day this changed, I dropped a Halloween RFO trip after having it denied about 15 times. The night of the change it got approved. Friday is "Senior Recogniition" at my middle daughter's high school, and I was grateful for the change.

Today I got a draft call asking if I wanted to work the same day. I explained that I was busy with family obligations.

I don't see a lot of black helicopters here. When BLGs were low guys would pick up extra flying if they could. Outside of certain select periods I think that is a good thing about working at FedEx. In this environment, however, with higher BLGs and pilots not feeling happy about delays in our contract, PBS offers, retirement issues, etc I doubt there are a lot of guys raiding open time.

Thus…when things are good…you don't need as many reserves. Treat the crew force roughly and you better have a deeper bench. I think flight management just told you how things were going on their end. I am just glad I got to squeak out of that one trip during the interim. I don't expect to be able to drop much this month, however….