View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 07:44 AM
Sounds
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Originally Posted by FDXLAG View Post
The majority of the Ukrainians don't want that.
This is where I have to point out the source bias of information gathering. We don't believe tobacco research from cigarette companies right? They have something to gain. Conflict of interest. What validates information from parties who have a conflict of interest? Take what both sides are saying and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

you defend Russia for attacking Ukraine
No, I point out the rational of Russia defending a political attack from the EU.

I don't want to shed my moral equivalence argument I like being able to make value judgements. It is how I know it is not right to rob banks or take candy from babies and the people who do so are bad.
A person doesn't need the bible to tell them murder is wrong. Ethics are not tied to religion or politics.

Let's reframe this conversation. You are correct about us being educated differently. I have had the internet for a significant portion of my life and grew up in a time where the status quo has been rapidly shifting away from patriotic views as more and more become disillusioned. My views and life experiences are radically different.

I've never even legitimately heard anyone argue for moral equivalence. That's something you read in history books.