View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 05:01 AM
e6bpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by OrionTanker View Post
e6bpilot - so senior guys from other bases are missing out. That is there choice to live where they want to. If they do not move to a "new" base, their choice. That is what seniority brings.

Also in a no growth environment there would not be much movement, but there is some. Either from guys not wanting to move to the "new base", or how the "new" base shakes out.

I am going with an educated guess that BNA for example will go senior. Opening up slots for junior guys in the other bases.

Opening up a physical base costs money, satellite base not so much. I heard that renting out the office space in MDW airport costs $2 million a year.
Oh, I hear you bro. I am a commuter myself and I hear the "commuting is a choice" thing all the time. I just think that this will be a hard sell for the Texas ranchers and the Abe Fromans of the world. Not saying it won't happen, as obviously anything that saves the company money is on the table, but when you take all those guys out of Houston, guys like me will get displaced and then it is back to the west coast for me. I personally like the idea as long as it is coupled with growth, like you said. And who knows, maybe this will push some of the old codgers to retire