Thread: Aerosim
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 08:25 AM
tinman1
sippin' dat koolaid

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: gear slinger

Originally Posted by tall guy View Post
Can any of you guys give me more information on the standardization process. And can you also tell me why in the past so many guys and gals have failed standardization. Is it because of not studying or just being bad pilots. Thanks.

I left there this past spring so my info is old but I used to work in the standardization department. One of the reasons for washouts was guys/gals who couldn't pass the written tests. They test you on regs, schools policies, aircraft limitations, etc... The passing score was 80% on those except for the aircraft limitations, which was 90% or better to pass. I'm not really sure what it is now. Some busted the oral because they couldn't teach, or at least teach the way they wanted it done.

Also there used to be a new hire oral and flight which was conducted on one of the first couple of days of standz class just to make sure you could fly and teach to some sort of standard.

If you're current and have a good attitude then I wouldn't sweat it too much. Definitely look over the FOI and CFI written study guides. The ones who seemed to struggle the most were the brand new, fresh out of college CFI types who thought things were supposed to be all rainbows and butterflies because they had never had an actual job out in the real world before.