Thread: Air Wisconsin
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 11:46 AM
FL451
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by Duksrule View Post
Not flame bait but an actual question. What is so good about AW's contract? Not being a regional guy I honestly only know what I see on these pages. It looks like their pay isn't much different that the other regionals and it sounds like PSA has the better deal in the way you can game the system and pick up the off time at a much higher rate. I only ask because I am currently doing an over seas gig and live in ORF so AW would be my first stop if I need to go to a regional to get the 121 time on my resume.
Highlights
1. Full pay for deadheads
2. Full pay for all cancelled flights
3. Time and a half for all pick ups over your guarantee. So even if you are on reserve and only fly 20 hours and you pick up a 2 day trip that credits 12 hours you earn 18 hours over guarantee so you will be paid 103 hours that month (75+18)
4. 401K has a 5% match and a 3% contribution so if you put in 9% of your income the company puts in 8%. I made just over 100k last year and the company put $8000 in my 401K for me.
5. The health insurance is incredible. You pay almost nothing. I know guys that have had surgery and they pay $10, as in TEN one dollar bills.
6. Vacation trip touching. Any trip that touches your primary vacation is dropped and you can never drop below guarantee pay.
7. Trip rig 4:1 if you are out of base for 96 hours and only fly 20 you get at least 1/4 of 96 so you get paid 24 hours.
8. Duty rig 2:1 so if you are schedule 14 hours and only fly 5 you get at least 1/2 of 14 so your are paid 7 hours that day.
9. Everything is block or better on a leg by leg basis. over block your first leg by 10 minutes you bank it. Under block every other leg and you get the scheduled block time on those legs but keep the 10 minutes from the first leg.
10. If you have to sit ready reserve you have a private room at the airport with LAZY BOY chairs and TV or a hotel room. You don't sit in a crew lounge.

It goes on man. Don't just look at hour rates which ours are better than most $27 first year $39 2nd and are not capped after 4. We make lots of "soft" money that comes into play on points 1,2,7,8,9. Oh and if you get a trip dropped because they are using your trip for OE. You get sent home with full pay most places don't have that.

As far as PSA having a better deal in anyway shape or form I will let them give the details of the "deal" they signed.