View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 08:53 AM
LeineLodge
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: DAL FO

Originally Posted by Ragtop Day View Post
A few things have changed with regard to RLL's the last few rounds of PWA improvements. The language is below, but you CAN select to receive pay in the amount of the low end of the LCW in return for sitting a set number of "ultra" long call days (trip must be on your sched 24 hrs prior).

PWA:

19. A pilot holding an RLL who elects to receive a regular line guarantee of the lower limit
16 of his LCW, will be required to remain available for assignment to open flying as
17 follows:
18 a. The number of required days of availability will be determined by dividing the
19 difference between his regular line guarantee and his projection by a reserve pro rata
20 share, rounding the resulting quotient up to the nearest integer.
21 b. Such days will be placed on his line by mutual consent between the pilot and Crew
22 Scheduling in a single group, if possible. If such mutual consent cannot be achieved,
23 placement of the days will be determined by Crew Scheduling.
24 c. An increase of the pilot’s projection after placement of his required days of
25 availability will cause the number of such required days to be recalculated under
26 Section 23 D. 19. a. The excess number of such required days determined under this
27 recalculation will be removed from the pilot’s line, beginning with the earliest such
28 day on his line.
d. Following the 2200E PCS run on the 24th 29 of the prior month, the pilot may be
30 assigned recovery flying that:
31 1) is scheduled to report on a day within a group of his days of availability, and
32 2) is scheduled to release no later than three days after the end of such group of days
33 of availability.
34 e. The pilot:
35 1) will be notified of his assignment to recovery flying by telephone contact from
36 Crew Scheduling,
37 2) must be able to report for an assigned rotation no sooner than 24 hours from the
38 first attempted contact by Crew Scheduling, and
39 3) is obligated to fly the recovery flying whether or not he acknowledges such
40 flying.

I think it is a great option if your commuting. You may make a few $$ less than straight rsv, but you can attempt to ws/gs/oob ws to make up the difference. If you can't find a trip you have a 24 hour leash instead of the normal 12, without any SC obligation. I should note that I have never had a RLL line and I am just reading from the contract. I would confirm how the process works via a call to scheduling or ALPA before committing to a strategy.
Wow. I'll just go back to coloring. Thanks for the correction

This highlights the recommendation to call the PBS committee and have them confirm you're doing it right.